WordPress Multisite is a feature that allows you to create a “network” of subsites within a single instance of WordPress. This network shares a file system, database, and are typically variations of the same domain. Simply put, WordPress Multisite Compatibility is a native WordPress feature that lets you manage multiple WordPress websites using a single WordPress installation.
Does Solid Affiliate work on Multisite?
Yes! Solid Affiliate will work on any WordPress Multisite installation.
Every site will be running a completely separate instance of Solid Affiliate – the data from every site in your network is not shared with other sites. We ensure complete data isolation by creating dedicated database tables for each site in your network, following the WordPress convention of prefixing each database with the current site’s blog_id. Additionally, the cookies used for referral tracking are unique for each site in your network.
Keep in mind:
- Think of every site as having a completely isolated Affiliate Program. All the Affiliates, Referrals, Visits, Cookies, etc are isolated from one another.
- You’ll need to activate the license key for each site separately.
Automatic plugin updates
You have to accept the automatic updates via the main site when you work with a multisite installation.
- Under My sites, go to your Network Admin.
- Go to Plugins, enable Solid Affiliate automatic updates.
- Verify if the plugin is active on network level.