Every affiliate has a status that is visible both to the admins and the affiliates themselves through their portal.
- Approved – The affiliate has been approved and can actively earn referrals.
- Pending – The affiliate is awaiting approval. The affiliate can access their affiliate portal and use their links and creatives to generate visits, but they cannot generate referrals until approved.
- Rejected – The affiliate was rejected by an administrator. This affiliate cannot access their affiliate portal, and cannot generate referrals.
These statuses are only changeable by administrators, with one exception: there is a setting within Solid Affiliate > Settings > Affiliate Portal & Registration > Require Affiliate Registration Approval which when disabled will automatically set affiliate status to approved upon registration.
Referral statuses are perhaps the most important, as they directly affect owed commission amounts. Referral statuses are automatically updated by Solid Affiliate as events take place such as orders being refunded, canceled, completed, and/or when the affiliate is paid their commission through the built-in pay affiliates tool.
- Unpaid – The referral has been approved and commission is owed to the referring affiliate. This is the “successful referral” status, indicating that the underlying order went through and the affiliate is owed a commission for this referral.
- Paid – The referral is approved and the commission has been paid to the associated affiliate. This status was marked as paid automatically by the Solid Affiliate > Pay Affiliates tool, or manually by an administrator.
- Rejected – The referral has been rejected either manually by an admin, or automatically by the Solid Affiliate > WooCommerce integration. Reasons for automatic rejection include: the underlying purchase failed, or was canceled or refunded before the referral was paid. This referral will not be displayed within the affiliate portals, and will not count towards the referral reports.
- Draft – The referral is pending due to one of the following reasons: the underlying order status is still pending or on hold. The referral status will be updated automatically once the underlying order status is updated. This referral will not be displayed within the affiliate portals, and will not count towards the referral reports.
We do not recommend manually changing referral statuses – trust in the Solid Affiliate plugin to do all this work for you – unless something happened outside of Solid Affiliate (for example, you paid a single affiliate by mailing them a check for some reason and you forgot to use the “manual payout” option within the built-in pay affiliates tool) and want to force change a status. To learn more about WooCommerce order statuses, an integral part of the affiliate referral status flow, we’d recommend this documentation page.
- Paid – The payout has been marked as paid automatically by the Solid Affiliate > Pay Affiliates tool. This is the only valid status at this time.
Bulk Payout Statuses
- Processing – The bulk payout is still processing. In the case of a PayPal API payout, PayPal returned a processing status.
- Success – The bulk payout was successfully sent. In the case of a PayPal API payout, PayPal returned a success status.
- Fail – The bulk payout failed. In the case of a PayPal API payout, PayPal returned a fail status. If you see this status, please contact the Solid Affiliate support team.
Bulk payouts are created via the built-in pay affiliates tool and are assigned statuses automatically.
- Active – The creative is active and will appear in the affiliate portals.
- Inactive – The creative is inactive and will not appear in the affiliate portals.